volunteer

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A great Week!

This week I found myself very active in the clinic. I finally got my username and password which are required for logging into any computer in the clinic. This time I was working with the medical practice director. I had to create a brochure in both English and Spanish for a new service the clinic is trying to offer. The design was very simple but I believe it conveyed the information in a clear and concise manner. While I was doing my assignment, I couldn't help to notice that some of the patients that were getting prescriptions suffered from diabetes and/or high blood pressure. Diabetes seems to be a very dominant disease among those who come to the clinic. I think that more information on the subject should be more visible in the clinic. I have only spot a few fliers about healthy diet for diabetics, but nothing about the disease itfself. It would be very good to make an information brochure with general things, but also with things that people normally do not associate with diabetes. The more we spread the word, the more we can prevent!


No comments:

Post a Comment