volunteer

Monday, November 15, 2010

Finally... Dental Clinic part 1

So, I was able to work at the Dental Clinic this week. It was pretty hectic and the nurses just let me go around the place. I really liked how clean and efficient the facility is. The head dentist was so funny! He was making jokes with me about how painful dental school is going to be. The other doctors seem to enjoy the company of others. They were very easy going with the patients too. I got nothing to do the first hour. It was very dissapointed, to be honest. But, I got the opportunity to see how it works to be a dentist and to treat patients. For example, this patient came very nervous, it was his first time going to the dentist and he was well over 50. He needed work on his front teeth. The dentist took all the time familiarizing with the patient, talking to him about what he expected to do with his new teeth. And I thought that was amazing because the dentist used the future to motivate the patient. I guess few people realize that there must be this friendly empathic side on each dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment